Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Three Ideas for Encouraging Church Leaders, 1 Corinthians 4:1-21

Mark Rathel's commentary on the lesson, "Three Ideas for Encouraging Church Leaders," based on 1 Corinthians 4:1-21, describes Paul as the founding pastor of the Corinthian Church. Although it is not part of the lesson, I think from a Bible study perspective, it is an excellent time to remind class members that Paul was not a pastor. To be clear, he was an apostle and an evangelist, but he was never described as an elder (as Peter was). Whenever he established a church, Paul appointed elders to be leaders of the local church. These men were the "pastors" of the local church.

Gary Payne posted a good set of PowerPoint slides for the lesson, which I recommend.

2 comments:

Don said...

is Gary going to do the power point every week and if so what day will he post to Box? Very good slide show.

Don

servingHim said...

Hi Don. As far as I know, Gary does slides each week. He sends me a link and I post it. I don't have a set day but generally before Friday. Thanks!