Wednesday, December 12, 2012

“Deciding on Discipline”, Hosea 8:1 – 10:15

Gary Payne posted his PPT slides for Sunday's lesson, “Deciding on Discipline,” focused on Hosea 8:1-3, 7-10; 9:7-8; 10:10-12.

I appreciate Gary's slides since these last chapters of Hosea are somewhat depressing. Thirty years ago, I had a department director named Jack Longgear who always started our meetings by quoting, "This is a day that the Lord hath made. Let's rejoice and be glad in it." I appreciated Jack's enthusiasm and upbeat nature, and whenever we had to teach a difficult passage from the Old Testament, Jack advised us to "crank the engine by reading the O.T. focal passage and then head straight for Jesus in the N.T.". I still smile today thinking about that lesson strategy. I share it in hopes that God may use it to help you prepare Sunday's lesson.

No comments: