Monday, July 17, 2006

“What’s life all about?”

Given where I am in life, I’ve looked forward to studying Ecclesiastes. What is the goal of my life now that I’m retired? The goal of a mustard seed is to become a mustard tree. The goal of Jesus’ life was to die for the sins of the world, mine in particular. What am I living for? What am I becoming?

For Ecclesiastes, the LifeWay Explore the Bible lesson unit is called “When Life Seems Absolutely Futile,” which is very relevant in my mind. The first lesson in the series is called “What’s life all about?” and it’s based on Eccl 1:1-3:22.

You’d get various answers if you ask, “What’s the meaning of life?” More simply, pick a choice from the poll on the right (I know the answers are somewhat vague, but you don’t want to read a book on each one).

No comments: