Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Target Fixation

In Matthew 15:14, Jesus explained that the Pharisees were “blind guides.” In Matthew 23:24, He told them directly they were “blind guides.” They majored on the minor, and missed the big picture.

Read about target fixation, which motorcycle riders’ experience, as well as others. Think of how to use this to illustrate the mistake made by the Pharisees.

Writing for the Baptist Standard, Travis Frampton’s comments on this week’s lesson, “Practice Genuine Purity”. He mentions how misinterpreting the Bible can lead to wrong conclusions and wrong behavior. Ask members if they can think of such a verse. Can you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ronnie,

I to am a Sunday School teacher, and I thank you for serving. I pray that you have a great impact for God. Please see my website for an item that will interest you and your fellow teachers. I would love to hear back from you on your thoughts. I would also like you to add a link on your site if you like my material. It is quick and easy to use.
Go to www.33waysonline.com.

Greg Johnson
greg@33waysonline.com