Friday, July 29, 2005

How can I help you?

At the end of his excellent article, Hope Reborn, Adam Holz offers an exercise that can be used in class. He lists a series of references to Psalms and asks, “What do these psalms reveal about how God satisfies, sustains, and fills those who hope in Him?" Select the ones that speak to you and prepare these on a slide. Work thru these in class with interactive help from learners.

Over the last three months, I’ve learned a lot while blogging about these lessons out of Ezekiel from LifeWay. But, my question is “Does this blog help you?” A fork is useful to facilitate eating, but it’s useless for shovel work in a garden. Is this blog such a useless “fork” in the garden of the World Wide Web?

Blogging is a simple way for me to keep track of what I do in lesson preparation. Before, I simply sent myself daily emails as I prepared for the lesson during the week. Outlook’s Inbox served as my “logging” surface. I maintained a “mail log”, or “mlog”. As a fork used for eating, it served me. But I wondered, "Might there be a greater usefulness for such information"? Hence, this blog was born.

Now I ask you, What help in lesson preparation do you need? What problems do you have in preparing lessons based on LifeWay’s material? Maybe we can find some solutions together?

No comments: