Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Site Update

The bar chart shows traffic to this site by month in 2007 (taken from statcounter.com). I reported traffic to this site in 2006, too. The doubling in year-over-year growth can be seen in the following average monthly statistics:

Year: ----------------> 2006 2007
Page loads: ----------> 2640 5296
Unique visitors: -----> 1046 2237
First time visitors: ---> 644 1327
Returning visitors: ---> 403 911

I assume the traffic growth is an indicator of the utility of the site even though it has not worked out as I originally envisioned. I thought it would be a ‘happening place’ of active discussion of the weekly LikeWay Explore the Bible lessons, but that hasn’t come to pass.

Nevertheless, I thank God for those of you who visit here. May the Lord continue to bless us in 2008 as we prepare together to teach His word each Sunday.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

May I say your sight is a very helpful tool. I use it every week as I am preparing my lesson.
God bless you for all the efforts you put into it.
Ruth

servingHim said...

Thanks Ruth!

I'm never really sure what's useful or not, but I appreciate your post!

May God bless you and your class,
RW

Jim said...

Ronnie, your site is most helpful to me. I feel I don't have much to say or add. But I always look to see your approach for the lessons.

I do use the outline in the Teacher Guide and many of its questions and suggestions.
My class is couples, ages 70 and up. They all know their Bible pretty good, quite a few better than me. But I bring the theme of the lesson.
When I teach we have a guided discussion, with ideas from the Teacher Guide and from other resources and from what I myself feel might appropriate for the lesson.
We team teach, one is a retired cardiovascular surgeon, the other is a retired Baptist missionary (I am a retired business professor). All of us are of appropriate ages for this class.

So hang in there, all those readers you are having wouldn't be looking week after week if they weren't interested.
I might ask, do you run a SiteMeter? It tells from where the reader was referred. A lot come to my site looking from a Google site and find my blog often does meet their needs.

So hang in there, you have my vote of confidence!
..

servingHim said...

Appreciate your comments Jim. My pastor thinks and I agree that most teachers want to do a good teaching God's word. It is an awesome responsibility, and most, like me are not trained Bible students. The LifeWay people do a good job preparing the lessons, but the lesson must be interesting (to hold attention), relevant (to hope for life change), and clear (understandable). If we keep the lessons Biblically based and meet these criteria, we are doing all that can be done.

Again, thanks for saying hello, and please feel free to comment anytime you have something to add.

Ronnie