Saturday, March 11, 2006

How are you reading Isaiah?

I read the Bible differently than I do other books. For example, I’m reading Red Mars of the well known Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson. It’s words turn into pictures in my head that become scenes which are woven into an entertaining story.

Incomparably, the words in the Bible are a lamp from God that provide direction for my life, and they judge my thoughts and attitudes. They teach and correct me that I may be fully prepared for opportunities to serve the Lord, which are sure to come.

Do you read the Bible only to prepare to teach as an act of spiritual service, or do you also read it to maintain your relationship with its Author?

I’ll try to post my PPT slides for “Do You Volunteer to Serve?” later today. The concluding slide looks something like the following:

No comments: