Saturday, March 18, 2006

Taking God at His word

To conclude this lesson “Do You Take God At His Word?” ask, “Have you ever wanted to remove a spot in a piece of clothing, or carpet?” Did you use a particular “spot” remover because of the claims on the product label? Were you totally satisfied? Probably not. However, we can depend on the Lord to do what He says He will do. Look for opportunities this week for God to demonstrate His integrity.

We Baptists are known as a people of the Book. Recently I read “The Heart of a Baptist” by SWBTS faculty member Malcolm Yarnell. His paper was encouraging to me, but it was trounced in comments made on sbcoutpost.com. The remarks by one Minister of Education seemed over the top to me. Yarnell’s terminology might prevent the paper from being widely read, but I think would be good for all Baptists to hear. Let me know what you think of it. Should I send it to all class members to read?

No comments: