Thursday, November 02, 2006

I can do all things thru Christ

This week I had some dental work done, which you might say, “I had to endure.” I had confidence in the dentist, so I “suffered patiently,” expecting good results. After an hour in the chair, I was rewarded with what’s soon could be a better looking smile.

I say all this to illustrate Step 4 of “Exercise Confidence,” which is based on Hebrews 10:32-36,39. The writer encouraged the Hebrew Christians to trust God, believe His promise of forgiveness and patiently endure their suffering as they waited for Christ’s return.

Commenting on this lesson Cyndi Grace asks, “What is it that you are fearing or uneasy about? Are you about to give up? Are you at the end of your rope? Where does your faith need strengthening?” Be encouraged by this passage to faithfully persevere knowing that God is with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was honored and greatly surprised to see my name in your blog refering to the lessons in Hebrews. Thank you. I am a Bible teacher and conference speaker and hold the Bible as my standard. I see you do as well!

cyndi grace

servingHim said...

You are welcome Cindi. I regularly visit the lesson commentary in Mississippi Baptists. Our 2nd daughter was born in Oxford, and that's where I also first joined a Baptist church.The State has special meaning to me!

Thanks for the good work you are doing, too! We teachers appreciate it very much.

Ronnie