Thursday, August 23, 2007

PowerPoint(PPT) for "Worship Appropriately" from Malachi

I’ve posted a draft of my PPT slides for “Worship Appropriately,” based on Malachi 2:17-4:6. I’m unsettled on how much to discuss the tithing issue. Houston FBC’s David Self’s commentary takes a traditional view of tithing. Dr. Sam Tullock’s commentary on this lesson avoids the tithing issue altogether and only poses a question to stimulate discussion. Hmmm? I inserted a slide on New Testament giving, but it includes only summary points. See the notes sections of the slides for other references.

Well, if you can improve the slides, please post a note so the rest of us can take advantage of your insight. May God bless each of you as you are lead by His Spirit to teach this Sunday.

I’ll close with a quote from Proverbs that you may want to think about as you prepare. Proverbs 22:19 "So that your trust may be in the LORD, I teach you today, even you."

No comments: