Monday, November 12, 2007

Involved in Ministry, Matthew 25:31-46

My revised lesson yesterday was well received. One divorced person remarked after class, “Our church readily ministers to divorced people, and it was good to emphasize other teachings in those passages.”

Since I have never been divorced, I’m unqualified to comment on the appropriateness of the LifeWay lesson from that perspective. However, as a bible teacher, I was more than happy to teach the importance of edifying the saints thru bible study in Sunday School.

This week we tackle another multiple-chapter lesson, which is based on Matthew 23:1-25:46. A staff member said to me, “We never really grow until we go.” How true that is. We must put faith into action; otherwise, all we have is head knowledge. As a start, I recommend Jeff Meyer’s lesson plan for “Involved in Ministry”, the title of this week’s Explore the Bible lesson from LifeWay.

No comments: