Thursday, July 02, 2009

Man vs Child

In the lesson, “Follow the Spirit,” Paul thought Christians should live under the influence and control of the Holy Spirit, even in life’s minutiae. Dr. Sam Tullock’s comments mention the connection between “what a person is” and “what a person does”. That might be a good statement to make and then get reaction from class members.

It appears to be the same idea Jesus was speaking of in Matthew 7:17-20, “by their fruit you will recognize them.” For example, a person filled with rage, is an enraged person. Hence, his behavior is directed by what he is. Being enraged influences what he does.

For a biblical illustration, Paul said in 1 Cor 13:11-12, “11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.”

In other words, as a child is so a child does, and as a man is so a man does. For a little humor, here is a video on Man vs Kids (the kids win in the end).

No comments: