Monday, September 13, 2010

God’s Power Changes People, Ephesians 2:1-10

Yesterday, my goal was to get the class to interact with the Scriptures (too much PowerPoint results in members passively watching slides). Based on walk-up comments and emails I received afterward, I think the goal was accomplished.

Example: One visitor worked on her knitting at the start of class. When I asked the class for an answer to one of the questions I posed, she rattled off some “Christianese” about praying and the will of God without reading the text. I replied with another question, “What does the Bible verse say?” At that point she put aside her knitting and picked up her Bible.  Yeah!

I liked the mixed mode presentation used yesterday (handout with questions plus a small amount of PowerPoint).

I plan to do something similar this coming Sunday to teach the lesson, “God’s Power Changes People,” based on Ephesians 2:1-10. If you have thoughts about whether to “PowerPoint or not,” make a comment.

No comments: