Monday, August 29, 2005

What do you think of the gospel?

How does your day-in, day-out behavior demonstrate that the gospel is important to you? You’d hope to find suggested ways in the LifeWay material to discuss with your class, but it’s not there based on my first reading.

The gospel is the good news of what God has done to save people dead to Him. Put up a list of ten possible actions (in random order) if taken would illustrate some level of importance of the gospel in a Christian’s life.

Work with the class to prioritize from the list the five (5) most important actions if taken. Hopefully, there will be some discussion over the listed items and the exercise is more than a “no-brainer”. Below is a suggested list with which to begin, but make changes to it based on your class and how God leads you.

A. Meet the immediate need of a poor person God places in my path.
B. Go on a mission trip to Kenya.
C. Challenge the teacher when he presents a “truth” that doesn’t sound totally Biblical.
D. Set prayer request reminders in my computer’s task management software to help me remember to pray on certain days for specific people.
E. Share my faith with other people.
F. Hosting fellowships at my house.
G. Write cards or notes to encourage others
H. Break out of my Christian click to meet new people
I. Mediate on Scripture to help me make decisions.
J. Make and revise plans daily to be involved where I can fulfill the “sense of mission” God has put into my heart.

Note: LifeWay posted on the web its QuickSource material (Google’s HTML version, whose auto layout is a little hard to read) for this week’s Explore the Bible lesson “What do you think of the gospel?” from Romans 1:1-17. This includes Keyword identification, a Discussion Plan and a Parable Plan. Also, LifeWay’s material for this lesson as provided in the Adult Learner Guide (also Google’s HTML version) is available on the web. The PDF file downloads from the LifeWay server was incomplete.

No comments: