Monday, January 30, 2006

Take it to a new level

In reading up on the recent IMB vote and related issues I liked the commentary from Fide-o's Pack of Poodles and associated wade-ing in post. I’ve added the Fide-O link to the right hand side of this page for easy reference.

With the help of the study questions from Net Bible Institute, yesterday’s lesson went very well. If it dragged anywhere, it was on the discussion about the IMB vote. My sense is that the average SBC person considers issues like the one with IMB by sleeping on it. I have to admit that I’m not much into it either, but regardless of what you think of private prayer language, it is a divisive issue that relates to the lesson “Consider Others”. In spite of the lesson, the infighting wages on.

This week we continue in Romans by taking on verses 14:13-23 and learn to guard not only what we say, but also what we do. I like the courage represented in the old song “No man can hinder me”.

I think I read in Season of Life, by Jeff Marx, that like a carriage (coach) that moves its passengers from one place to another, a sports coach moves his players from a lower level to a higher level of play. So a coach not only guards his actions, but they are purposely planned to move players to a new level. As Christians, we should do likewise to help move others toward a new level of living with Christ as Lord and Savior.

No comments: