Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Watch out!

Step 3 of “Consider Others” advises that we avoid criticizing others. Why? Roll a stone and it rolls back on you. Dig a pit for someone else and you’ll fall into it. Criticize someone else and it will backfire, or boomerang on you. When you are critical, you get criticized. You will be resented. So drop a matter before a dispute breaks out (Proverbs 17:14). How do you discern what matters to ignore?

But the deeper idea in Romans 14:3-4 is that God is in charge and if He has accepted someone, we should accept that person, too. Who are we compared to the Lord? Watch out! The shoes of a man with a big head are easy to fill. An offended brother is more unyielding than a fortified city (Proverbs 18:19). Can you speak the truth in love?

I’ve started preparing the PPT slides I will use this Sunday. Feedback about them from you would be greatly appreciated! The Blogger comment feature is easy to use.

1 comment:

servingHim said...

Your welcome! Based on your attitude, my guess is that your teaching is pleasing to the Lord. So keep serving. Your doing the Lord's work.

When I started blogging, I was hoping for a more interactive site. Together, teachers can share ideas and do a better job helping class members apply Biblical truth in their lives.

My thanks to you for encouraging me.