Friday, May 18, 2007

PPT slides for 2 Peter 2

In lesson preparation, the moment of truth for me comes when I try to write my outline, or write the final bullet points on my PowerPoint slides. That’s when I knuckle down and try to get it right. My class members will read it, or hear it, and it must be true to the meaning of Scripture as the Spirit intended. Based on prayer for God’s guidance and my simple understanding, please accept my PowerPoint slides for this week’s lesson “Spiritual Error is Rampant.”

Please note, I struggle with how deep to dive into phrases like “who bought them” in 2 Peter 2:1. If it's only briefly mentioned, I neglect an opportunity to explore more deeply what Peter possibly meant. Moreover, I can only teach what I know, but I don’t want to confuse people, or take the lesson down a ‘rabbit trail’, so I made some slide notes to help explain my thinking.

The last thing any of us wants to do is to make errors on this lesson! So please comment if you feel like I'm missing a key point! Thanks in advance!

No comments: