Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Commitment -- Haggai

Studying the prophet Haggai this week, the LifeWay Explore the Bible lesson makes application of his words in a lesson entitled, “Commitment”. Haggai admonished the Jews to rebuild God’s temple, which they neglected for 16 years after Samarian opposition.

I was reminded immediately of Paul’s words in 1 Cor 3:16-17, 6:19 admonishing the Corinthian Christians that they are God’s temple, and the Holy Spirit dwells there. What is your priority to build the house of God? Have you neglected it?

For those of you who remember, LifeWay had another lesson titled “Commitment” on 10/13/02, based on John 6:1-71, with focal passages 6:41-47, 60-69, and key verses 6:67-68. I’ve posted my lesson outline , which has the illustrations I used in teaching that lesson on commitment.

BTW, the Andes Mints were a big hit in class last Sunday! I think people understood the importance of Humility as the key ingredient to life with Christ. I likened it to the mint oil used to flavor Andes Mints.

No comments: