Friday, July 20, 2007

Dependence PowerPoint slides: Zechariah 4-6

I’ve posted my “Dependence” PowerPoint slides based on Zechariah 4-6. I encourage you to “play” the slides thru once to get their effect since they look a bit cluttered while in “edit” mode. This should help you see the overall message more clearly.

I think this lesson as presented only touches on relevance. It borders on being a history lesson. As Bible teachers, we must endeavor to be relevant, not just interesting. I’m praying and asking God to show me what areas members need to depend on Holy Spirit. They could be (1) in a witnessing situation, (2) struggling with obedience to a moral command, (3) discouraged in a relationship, (4) defeated by an illness, (5) doubting God’s call to serve, etc. How would you add this discussion into the presentation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been teaching for over a year and just found your blog today. I wish that I would have found it earlier as you have assembled some good information on Zechariah. However, this Sunday will be my last teaching due to my work schedule. Keep up God's work.

servingHim said...

Thanks for your comments. I wish teachers were better connected and easier to contact. As it stands now, there is no association, or means to get the word out to Bible teachers. I can imagine there are lots of helps out there, but they are either inaccessable or unknown.