Monday, February 04, 2008

Do you obey in faith?, Genesis 20:1-23:20

When I read the background passage, Genesis 20:1-23:20, for this week’s lesson, “Do you obey in faith?”, I thought of topics such as, God acting to protect Sarah, or God’s view of marriage, or negotiating an agreement Abraham style.

However, the LifeWay lesson emphasizes the notion of thoroughly obeying God. So I started thinking about examples in life where I am very careful to do as instructed. For instance, correctly completing a ballot. Get that wrong, and I waste my vote.

To start the lesson, have a discussion of modern day examples where we must follow instructions thoroughly and carefully. A few examples include: filing a rebate form, follow directions to a new destination, mixing an adhesive compound, and filling out a tax return. What others examples can you think of?

Powerpoint slides I used to teach this lesson (combined with the next lesson since I taught both as one lesson).

No comments: