Thursday, November 06, 2008

Death of a vision

Brad Shockley’s illustration of a moving bull’s-eye contrasted with God’s fixed standard is very appropriate for use in teaching the lesson, “When Assessing One’s Lifework.”

Sam Tullock’s commentary encourages those who feel “put on the shelf.” Reading it, I thought of how David's idea of a "dream home" for the Ark came to an end. His vision died when God intervened.

You might share this story of the “death of a vision,” and ask members to discuss how God has intervened in their life plans.

4 comments:

Hal Harris said...

Ronnie, Your postings and links are always helpful. Thank you so much for what you do here!
HH (popnre@yahoo.com)
Magnolia, AR

servingHim said...

Appreciate you taking time to comment HH. I pray that God uses these ideas to help teachers make their Bible lessons interesting, clear, and relevant.

Thanks for stopping by,
Ronnie

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this blog. I use it EVERY week.

I missed your powerpoint this week. They are always so helpful.

Sheryl

servingHim said...

Good to hear from you Sheryl. I'll post slides this week since I am teaching this Sunday. I usually don't post slides on weeks when Co-Teacher Curt is up for bat. Thanks for visiting each week, and we appreciate your comments.

Ronnie