Thursday, November 13, 2008

PTT Slides for "When Tangled in Sin", 2 Samuel 12

Jeff Meyer starts his lesson, “When Tangled in Sin,” with a discussion of cause-and-effect relationships. He ties this to the choices made by David, and their subsequent positive, or negative results. I like this because it clearly ties personal action and later consequences.

Writing to Mississippi Baptists, Ginger M. Caughman’s commentary on the lesson that David’s temptation came during a period of idleness, which reminded me of the admonition, “Idle hands are the devil’s workshop.”

I posted a draft of my PowerPoint slides for Sunday. At church last night, a friend told me about another teacher's use of PowerPoint, which I liked. To make better use of class time, the class coordinator and prayer leader puts announcements and prayer requests (submitted ahead of time) on slides. The slides begin with a clock count down against a fast-paced music background, which encourages members to take a seat. Pretty cool!!

No comments: