Monday, December 26, 2005

Need to serve

I find the Study questions for Romans 12:1-8 from bible.org very helpful. We previously commented on Romans 12:1 noting that serving God is only logical in view of His mercy. The study guide, however, makes the point that service is a “need” we have. In other words, there is a gap in lives that cannot be filled unless we worship God thru service to Him and others. Do you believe this? Ask members to comment on why this is so. I was praying out loud once and our pastor was present. I mentioned in the prayer "our need to serve" to which he said "amen" during the prayer. It made an impression on me and reenforced the point in my mind that we do have a God given need to worship God by serving Him.

Take a look at the Lifeway Adult Bible Extra since it makes a couple of helpful suggestions regarding Step 1 of this lesson “Live in Worship.”

No comments: