Friday, April 07, 2006

Faced with insurmountable odds?

To conclude this week’s lesson “Do you take your burdens to the Lord?”, I encourage you to read the lesson comments by Troy Bush, Lori Clendinning and James Adair. Troy reminds us of what Hezekiah did not do, while Lori provides a great lesson overview and helps us understand how some see prayer only as “a crutch for the weak.”

James Adair provides a different perspective on the background passage that helps us dive deeper into Isaiah. I added a PPT slide just to cover the extra detail he offers. Ask if you need my help to capture and play the two video clips referenced in the PPT slides I plan to use Sunday.

Note: As teachers, as much as we want to, we are powerless to change the minds and hearts of class members. Like Hezekiah, let me urge you to take this particular burden to the Lord. Acknowledge who He is and the circumstances of your class and ask the Lord to be glorified in the deliverance He provides.

No comments: