Thursday, December 20, 2007

Blessings

I enjoy reading each week Dr. Sam Tullock’s commentary on the Exlore the Bible lesson, which this week is “Accept God’s Promised Savior”. I can relate to his writing since he is in the trenches as a teacher, and is not just a hired gun commentator.

You might say, I ‘receive’ his teaching—knowing the source from which it comes, and the humility with which it is offered. I’ve never met Dr. Tullock personally, so I only know him thru his words. However, by receiving his teaching he is a blessing to me.

Jesus’ own people did not receive Him according to John 1:11. Unlike my virtual relationship with Dr. Tullock, they met Jesus personally, observed His behavior, and listened to Him talk. In Jesus, they could see God in action as a man, yet they did not receive Him. They missed a blessing.

Ask members to think of people they receive, and what blessings stem from the relationship. Perhaps reading excerpts from this story will help members recall the blessings they have received.

No comments: