Friday, October 24, 2008

Helpfulness of a lesson plan?

I won’t post PPT slides this week, but thankfully Jeff Meyer at Bayleaf Baptist published a lesson plan for teaching “Conform to God’s Agenda”. My perception is that plans like his are helpful (vs commentary) because they are trustworthy, concise and make it is easy to incorporate key points into your own lesson plan. Am I right about this?

Thus, it seems that publishing a lesson plan has the potential to be very influential among the teachers in a given congregation. Assuming this I wonder why more pastors and ministers of education don’t publish their own Internet version of a weekly lesson plan? Any ideas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro. Ronnie,

In addition to your blog each week, I also have enjoyed checking the Carmel links to Jay's notes. Since the last storm, I have not been able to access that link. Do you have an updated link?

Thanks so much for your faithfulness to your blog and those of us who look forward to it every week.

Becky
Jacksonville, FL

servingHim said...

Hi Becky,

Jay has not been posting, but another leader from Carmel Baptist is.

Try this link:
http://carmelleader.org/adultsbs/default.htm

Thanks for your kind words,
Ronnie

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Hope you have a wonderful Lord's Day.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I’m Reneese and I’m working at a company interested in website and blog advertising. I have seen your site’s potential for advertising and I believe that our client’s business would be well suited for link placement in your site. Our client’s services provide significant education programs and rare opportunities to working students who intend to acquire a higher success in the field of their choice. It would be of great help to your readers to know such information of earning a degree online or campus based learning.
Let me know if you are indeed interested. Please get back to me (reneese.mackey777@gmail.com)with your name and URL address so I can send you further details.
Looking forward to do business with you.

Sincerely,
Reneese Mackey

Anonymous said...

Second Baptist of Houston posts a sample lesson 2 weeks before the Lifeway lesson should be presented at http://second.org/teach . Click on "Lesson Helps" and the week of the lesson.

servingHim said...

Michael,

I looked at the 2nd Baptist lesson plan for this week--very helpful!

Hopefully others will start using it as well.

Thanks for the tip!! I'm sure there are other nuggets waiting to be discovered, too.

Appreciate it,
Ronnie