Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Take a bullet for

In studying to teach the lesson, “Cultivate Godly Friendships,” I noticed that there are 172 uses of the word friend in the NIV translation of the bible. I wanted to see what friends do for each in the bible (I may make a slide summarizing these). One that we all remember of course is Jesus declaration in John 15:13, “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”

I once responded to a request to contribute to a review of fellow manager’s employee by saying, “I’d take a bullet for him.” Secret Service agents would take a bullet to protect the President. That’s their job.

Most people would take a bullet for their spouses, parents, siblings, friends, and perhaps a pet. Who would you take a bullet for?

No comments: