Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Joy over the benefits we have

A daily student study guide for this week’s lesson is available from bible.org at Romans 5:1-11. It calls out seven blessings, or benefits of God’s justification and our need to be grateful for these blessings.

Being that it’s October and pumpkins are in the stores, maybe we should try Pumpkin Evangelism to illustrate the smile God puts on a the face of a Christian?

Effectively praying in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ is one way to demonstrate the peace we have as a Christian, but this goofball way is self-focused and all about feelings--lots of feelings.

In my prayer time, I read from Proverbs and the gospels. The Lord is speaking to me about becoming more of a servant (see Mark 9:35) as a way to demonstrate the security I have as believer. But it’s not about what I do as much is it’s about what I become. Have you read “Improving Your Serve” by Chuck Swindoll? Developing the heart of a servant is not an easy thing for me.

No comments: