Saturday, August 05, 2006

Is it Biblical?

To conclude this week’s lesson “How Can I Stay on Course?”, make the obvious point that we should live according to what the Bible says. For many of us, however, when a question in life crosses our minds we wonder, “Is that Biblical?” What are your thoughts about relying on people like Hank Hanegraaff, known as The Bible Answer Man? He accepts questions about the Bible on his radio program and on his web site. Who do you recommend to help determine Godly wisdom?

Regarding this blog site, in July monthly traffic continued to increase, according to Statcounter.com. I know many of you look for “ideas” when preparing to teach and I’m grateful for all who visit and read these posts. Please remember to take time to share your ideas, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I began today's lesson by asking Solomon's question in 6.12. I then went to the list's from the two websites as possibilities. Next I showed Conan's "philosophy". It was a hoot.
At times, during an Astro's game, there will be a segment called, "60 seconds with...". It's kind of a "what's best in life" question/answer time (like those in vv.1-10). I used that as a transition into the lesson. Went pretty well.
Thanks for the help.

servingHim said...

Pat,

I have to admit I reviewed the Conan "philosophy" this morning and laughed out loud. Too funny!

Sometime I wonder how some of you will react to my sense of humor. Thanks for putting me at ease about it!.

Sounds like you had a great lesson. Do you have a web address for an instance of the "60 seconds with..."?

Ronnie

Anonymous said...

I don't have a site for that. I've just seen it during some of the games.
Funny thing about that...
I haven't seen one in a while,so I made up one. Luke Scott has been on a tear as of recent. So I made up some questions...tooooo many of my class are fans...so I was interrogated as to "when" the interview happened. I was caught. So I told them that I needed a segue into the lesson. We all had a great laugh. Had a hard time getting them off how to fix the 'Stros and back on the lesson.

servingHim said...

Busted! I hate it when that happens.