Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Overhear

Lesson “Singing of Love” comes from Song of Songs, Solomon’s greatest song. To underscore the importance of verbalizing the attraction between a man and a woman in love, Step 2 draws on verses 1:1, 1:15-2:3. She is singular in her beauty and he tells her (2:2). He is respected among men and she tells him (2:3). They are outdoors (1:17), possibly within earshot of others. This couple edifies one another out loud.

Ask members what others have overheard them say to their spouse, or overheard them say on a cell phone? Below are some paraphrases taken from http://www.overheard.com/ (very graphic site, so be warned!).

_________________________
Woman: Did you cheat on me?
Man: What do you think? Yes, or no?
Woman: No!
Man: Wrong.
_______________________________
Girl: I hate it when others criticize Frank.
Friend: He looks like Hitler.
Girl: If I didn’t love him, no one else would.
Frank: Thanks!

_______________________________
Man on cell: You asked me how I'm doing, and I tell you--and then you bring it back to yourself. You always do that.

No comments: