Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Site Update, first half 2008

I’ve not posted an update on traffic to this site since the close of 2007. I thought it appropriate to post the update below for the first six months of 2008. Again, doing a “year over year” comparison by month for January thru June, shows that the site is basically doubling in page loads, number of unique visitors, and number of returning users.

First Half Year: →→→ 2007 2008
Page loads: →→→→→ 3998 6667
Unique visitors: →→→1572 2981
First time visitors: →→ 891 1787
Returning visitors: →→ 681 1194

This increase is humbling and I thank you for continuing to find this site useful. As, I’ve mentioned before, however, the lack of interactivity is puzzling. I’d be open to hear (actually, love to hear) any ideas you have for making the site more interactive, where we can learn more from each other, or how to improve the utility of the site. Be specific. Say what works, and what doesn’t!

Appreciate it,

Ronnie

2 comments:

Herb said...

I HAVE BEEN USING YOUR SITE AS A SCOURCE FOR SOME TIME NOW, I DO LIKE THE IDEAS AND THE OTHER SCOURCES YOU OFFER. I FIND THAT IF I CAN GET THE CLASS TO START TALKING, ANYWAY I CAN, THAT I CAN HAVE A FRUITFUL TIME OF BIBLE STUDY. I AM NOT A SCHOLAR JUST A PERSON WHO WANTS TO TRAIN OTHERS AND TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. SO OFTEN I PLAY THE "DEVILS ADVOCATE" TO GET THEM ACTIVE IN THE CONVERSATION. THIS WEEK I WILL DO THE SAME THING. I WILL PROBABLY ASK STUPID QUESTIONS TO GET THEM TO THINK LIKE WHO IS IT THAT YOU DON'T THINK DESERVES TO MAKE IT TO HEAVEN AND WHY? GOD SEEMS TO BLESS OUR CLASS EVERY WEEK. I THANK YOU FOR YOUR STUDY AND STAYING ABILITY TO HANG IN THERE AND BRING US IDEAS EACH WEEK.

servingHim said...

hi dealer,

Yes, I agree that getting the class started down the right path is a big issue.

Sounds like you try to get your class to 'think', which is an important result. I do that myself!

Your suggestion of inquiring about those who members think shouldn't make it to heaven might work. However, I've found it's too easy for them to call out obvious names--serial killers, etc.

Thanks for stopping by, and let us know next Monday how your opening worked.

RW