Monday, June 05, 2006

Feelings are like true, but hard to explain

This week’s LifeWay Explore the Bible lesson “Carefully Evaluate Explanations” is basically a repeat from the Family Bible Study last Fall. Steve Armstrong offers a complete lesson plan. Jim Perdue, Catherine Painter, and Wiley Richards offer commentaries that may be useful to you.

SonShine offers her study questions online, which are a big help if you’ll forward them to members!

Have you ever asked your class members what they do to prepare for Sunday’s lesson? What were their responses?

I just finished reading Blue Like Jazz, by Don Miller. Even though it starts out like a great read, in the end, it left me Blue Like Fad—as in chasing a fad disappoints. I can’t think of a reason to recommend it. It was not inspiring, and I’m too old to become cool like Don. You might feel cool though. It could be for you, but being judged by an intellectual has never been fun. I felt sad for him in a way, his dad having skipped out and all. Maybe that explains the double standards, but I can’t explain my reaction, except it just seems true.

No comments: