Saturday, June 03, 2006

Keys to a right response

To conclude this week’s lesson “Respond with Faith”, ask members what spiritual discipline holds the key to unlocking faith when life takes a bad turn? One article suggests that the answer is prayer. But is it disciplined Bible reading, praise and worship, or Christian fellowship? Review the focal verses and summarize how both God and Job responded to Satan’s challenge. We learn to trust God and worship and praise Him.

I praise the Lord that this blog ministry continues to grow in unique and returning users (see chart bellowing comparing April and May produced by Statcounter, the site I use to track usage).

Based on private email from a few readers, I know the blog helps teachers prepare in some way, even if it only contributes one idea that the Holy Spirit uses to help Christians learn to apply the Bible personally.

However, no one comments on the blog publicly. This is unusual given its reasonable traffic level.

This makes me wonder what it is about teachers that make them unwilling participants?

Of course, I'd appreciate any thoughts you have.


3 comments:

servingHim said...

Thanks Lloyd for dropping by. Glad you find the site useful.

Feel free to post your ideas, too! Together, we can come up with better lessons plans.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Summertime is a time when I feel I can best prepare my lessons as the pace of life during the school year can be distracting. The Sunday School Class I lead now is primarily older people (late 60's - 80's)and I am finding it difficult to engage them in discussion, even using a combination of open and closed questions encourage the class. This quarter's investigation into JOB is interesting because everybody feels as though they are being challenged in their faith today. Current events, personal successes and failures, growth of the church body and unity. I am typically free on Sunday's Monday's and Tuesday's with my work schedule. Perhaps we can arrange a time to meet online and discuss the upcoming weeks lesson?
Kind Regards,
Lloyd

servingHim said...

Lloyd, my enjoys leading older adults at BSF, so I understand what you are saying as projected thru her experience.

Your comment about faith being challenged is interesting. I've not thought of it as a general issue for a particular group of Christians, but only as it occurs in individual lives.

As for a place to talk about each week's lesson, I'd recommend this blog. Lot's of people read it. It might become more interactive if only a few people that come regularly start interacting with each other.

Appreciate you!
RW