Tuesday, January 05, 2010

How to Develop Your Faith, Mark 7:1-8:33

The lesson, "How to Develop Your Faith," challenges us to grow in our spiritual understanding of "Who Jesus is."

I've studied Mark 7&8 and the next step for me in lesson preparation is to read the LifeWay materials. This helps me understand the lesson as they have designed it. I get prepared to at least teach it, if nothing else.

I pray about it and add ideas as I have time, and study enough to make sure I "own" the lesson. You can only teach what you know, and it's amazing to me how God brings experiences into my life during the week that pertain to the lesson in some way.

Consider using the following "mistake" quotes to open your lesson (the last one was selected to help jump into the lesson):

No one is listening until you make a mistake.
Anon.

We made too many wrong mistakes.
Yogi Berra

It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something.
Ornette Coleman

Three-fourths of the mistakes a man makes are made because he does not really know what he thinks he knows.
James Bryce

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
John Powell

No comments: