Monday, March 05, 2007

Don't quit

Based on 1 Peter 1:13-25, this week’s lesson “Accept a Challenging Standard”, reminded me of the adage, “You get what you paid for.” Discuss with members if that statement is true or not these days. Christ paid with his life to redeem us. If the adage is true, how valuable does that make you? How well we measure up, that is the salvation of our souls, will be clear by the inheritance we receive. While it is challenging, don’t give up! “I quit” is just as bad as “I won’t” when it comes to living in agreement with God’s Word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy and holiness are the themes that I've been thinking a lot about since starting my study for this week. I keep thinking about how the word "holy" is so misused in our society. We use the word without really thinking about its meaning. Like how holy is smoke? How holy is a cow? and how holy is the city of Toledo? One of my favorite shows as a kid was Batman. Now, when my kids watch the reruns of this show, I cringe every time Robin uses this word.

servingHim said...

LOL! Funny, funny Ethel. So Batman's teaching Robin to say "Holy..." is not exactly what Peter had in mind!